Below are 5 major myths that have stayed with us( I don’t know since when).
- It cannot be constant between girl and a boy, eventually one of them will fall in love. It is not true at all. Because it is a universal law, that like repel like and unlike attracts each other. And as we (boys and girls) are opposite in various manners, so we attract each other. Hence girls like to hang out with boys more than with their girl friends. You know the saying,” Less drama for girls with boys”.
- It has no word like “privacy” in its circle. Friendship is not about boundaries. If it has no air to breathe, it is not a friendship. It’s our own choice with whom we should share which stories. That is, if I want to share my personal life with my new friends but not too much, I would stop wherever I need to.
- If they are not committed, they have to be brother and sister because you know… Society. Well, according to our society, if a boy and a girl are not married/engaged they have to present themselves as in bro-sis relation otherwise they will not let you go ahead and live happily ever after. And I mean literally live happily. For example, no live-in relationship, no presentation of love in public etc.
- The trail of achieving “friendship goals”. Ever tried your best to hold onto a friendship which in reality cannot be held? Well try to relax and be yourself, and let things (in this case, that friendship) go their way. If they are coming back to you, let them and be happy otherwise boost yourself up with optimism and go on with your life.
- New friends! Let’s categorize them into different circles of your BIG friend circle. Well it is the new trend going around the block. People coming to you with their friendliness and intention of making you good friend of theirs; get stopped by your own mindset and indirect-“not so much friendly”- replies. And then the thought process starts. You think that THEY are avoiding you or they are not your type of friends because you have a set of friends who are very close to you. So you interview these newbies and select and categorize them into different kinds of friendships. For e.g. the “hi- how are you? Friends, the hi…hi…hi… *seen and no reply* friends and many more.
So, at the end I want to say,” Keep it simple, silly!”